Skip to main content

Matched Betting Earnings - December 2017 - January 2018

£573.83 profit in less than 6 weeks.

December 2017 - £221.92 in 8 days.

I started matched betting on 20 December, starting with a £500.00 float and even with taking a few days off over the Christmas period, made a nice profit.

I started slowly, doing 3-5 bets a day using the Sportsbook Signup Offers from the Profit Accumulator website.  I discovered that I am actually quite risk averse, when I had always thought I was a risk taker (it actually took me about 2 weeks of reading blogs and forums and another week as a Profit Accumulator member before I took the plunge and placed my first bet).  Each bet in these first few days took what felt like an age to complete, with me checking and rechecking the numbers before hitting that 'Place Bet' button.  I was so nervous, not wanting to make a misstep, but seeing the float balance slowly increase day on day was so gratifying.  This may actually work after all.

January 2018 - £351.91

I have completed approx. 2/3rds of the signup offers, messed up a few and missed out on bonuses but overall, I am happy with the level of income.  Starting to see more and more talk of acca's and 2ups.  Can I be honest for a moment?  I had no idea what these were when I first saw started reading about them so have avoided these until I understand them a bit more.  Also I still have signup offers and reload offers to complete so I am in no hurry to jump into the unknown.

Ok lets talk about the downsides of Matched Betting for a moment.

Registration - Oh good lord.  How tedious is opening account after account?  Even with autofill this is just painful. Why did I ever think this was a good idea? Oh yeah, risk-free profits.  Ok, time to breath, take a few days off to regroup and back at it.  For me it was also time to start looking at 'Reload' offers.  Profit Accumulator (which is my Matched Betting Guru) advises that you should not move onto reload offers until you have completed all the Signup offers and most of the Casino offers, but honestly, I needed to switch gears so I ignored the guru and checked out offers from some of the Bookies I had already completed signup offers with.  Even at this early stage, I can make approx. £60 a week from regular reload offers, so going forward I am going to do these and 1-2 signup offers per week.  Sanity restored.

Data Privacy - After opening a number of accounts with Bookies, I started to get concerned with the amount of personal information/banking information I was giving out.  Luckily I had recently switched current accounts so had a spare bank account to register with.  As well as protecting my main bank account details, this has also made it easier to reconcile my cash position at the end of the week.  There is just no getting around the data you have to provide if you are going to seriously make money from Matched Betting.

Passwords - With so many accounts, its impossible to keep up with all the usernames and passwords.  Writing down my login details is not exactly secure, but is there any other choice.  Even then, I have lost count of the number of 'reset password' requests I've had to submit.  Save me from login hell.

Keeping Track - Part way through the month, I realised I just had no idea when my bets were finishing, where all my money is, how much profit I had actually made.  The Profit Accumulator forum (and others I'm sure) have template spreadsheets to help you keep on track.  I started with just a book, writing down my bets and P/L each day, but the more bets I placed and accounts opened the harder it was to keep track.  So a couple of late nights and 3 different templates later, I have finally settled on a tracking system that (fingers crossed) works for me.  I just wish I had started the spreadsheet from day one (it would have saved me 3 nights of data input).

Cash Flow - Even with a healthy starting float, a couple of times I have gone to place a bet and shock horror I have no available money to place bets. It takes 3-5 days for the bookies to credit funds back to your bank account (except SkyBet, who I love as their refunds credit my account within 2 hours - yeah SkyBet).  I have an ewallet, but I'm not a fan (I'm not sure why, its irrational, they are perfectly safe and common place but!!!!) so I keep filtering money through my bank account.  This does mean I have to find the patience to wait for the cash to roll in, pay attention to the cash balances in the Bookie accounts I am using and plan my withdrawals effectively.  This is a work in progress.

Despite all this (and boy does it feel good to get all these gripes and moans out), when I see the amount of profit made from a couple of hours online each evening, its worth it so bring on February and another profit update. 

See you in one short month.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OK, so here goes

First for a confession or two (or three). I have never written a blog post before.  I have toyed with the idea, but honestly I have never been that comfortable expressing my innermost thoughts and anyway, is anyone really interested? I not that into sports and can't remember ever betting before embarking on this Matched Betting journey. I'm not that organised and I am quickly learning that the key to success in this game is organisation (more about this later). So why have I decided to jump on the Matched Betting band wagon, asked no-one.  Well, after spending all my savings on holidays last year (there were 5 of them... it was a big year... I turned 40 so I had to celebrate in style, right?..... some of them were weekend city breaks so don't really count) and realising I was about to be made redundant for the third time and will have some time on my hands, I decided that I needed to a. keep busy and b. find a way to bring some money in whilst I have no inco...